100g puffed rice cereal
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp celery salt
1tbsp sea salt
¼ tsp black pepper
1tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
1tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
12 chicken breast strips or 500g chicken strips
75g plain flour
3 large eggs, beaten
Optional: Serve with ketchup or hot sauce on the side
Pre-heat the oven to 350F /180C/gas mark 4.
· Place the rice cereal in a plastic sandwich bag together with all the dry seasonings and seal the bag shut. Take a rolling pin and use it to roll and mash the rice cereal until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
· Pour the seasoned, crushed rice cereal to a large mixing bowl, add the chopped fresh herbs and mix well.
· Place the plain flour and beaten eggs in two separate bowls and line them up next to the bowl of seasoned rice cereal.
· Dip a chicken piece in the flour, coat evenly and shake to dust off any excess. Next dip the floured chicken into the beaten eggs, and then finally coat the chicken in the cereal mix. Repeat until all your chicken strips have had their triple coating.
*Remember to wash your hands thoroughly after touching raw meat!*
· Line a baking sheet with a wire rack or tin foil and place the coated chicken pieces on top.
· Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes until cooked through, golden and crispy (if your chicken strips are quite big they may need a little longer).