Makes 1 large approx. 30cm x 30cm cookie
225g unsalted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
100g light soft brown sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
2 medium free range eggs, lightly beaten
525g plain flour
1tsp bicarbonate of soda
200g milk chocolate chips
200g mini peanut butter cups (optional)
30cm Pizza pan lined with tinfoil greased with tsp vegetable oil
Or 30cm lined cake tin
Or large flat non-stick baking tray, lined with baking paper
· Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas mark 4.
· In large bowl using a wooden spoon, beat the butter, sugars and vanilla together until they become light and fluffy and are mixed well. You can also do this in a food processor or food mixer.
· Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
· Sieve the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda together in a separate bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture beating with a spatula until well blended.
· Pour in the chocolate chips and stir well to make sure they’re evenly distributed.
· Line your baking tray with baking paper.
· Tip the cookie dough onto the baking sheet and use a back of spoon or a palette knife to spread it out evenly into a giant cookie shape. It will be about 1-2cm deep. If you like at this stage you can also push some mini peanut butter cups into the mixture as an added surprise. Just make sure they’re well submerged!
§ Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
§ Carefully lift up the baking paper with the cookie on top and transfer to a wire rack to cool. The cookie will take 15 minutes to firm up.