2 green apples
2 red apples
100g peanut butter
100g chocolate spread
10g freeze dried strawberries
10g dried blueberries
10g unsalted pistachio nuts, chopped
10g sliced almonds
10g yoghurt covered raisins
- Other fruits, nuts, and freeze dried varieties will work well with this recipe too – pick your favourites!
· Take out the apple cores using a corer or a knife. Make sure you ask an adult to help you with this as it can be dangerous.
· Slice the apples in half and then each half in half again – so each apple can be cut into 4 circles.
· Spread the tops of the apple circles with either chocolate spread or peanut butter.
· To finish, simply top the apples with a sprinkling of your preferred mix of dried fruits, nuts and raisins.
Some of my favourite combinations are chocolate spread with pistachios and almonds, and peanut butter with yoghurt coated raisins and freeze dried strawberries.