Rocking Ramsay rice balls
Makes 12- 15 rice balls
180g brown rice
1 small packet crispy seaweed snacks
3 tablespoons sliced spring onions
1 tablespoon slivered almonds
2 tbsp black sesame seeds
2 tbsp white sesame seeds
Spicy dipping sauce
3 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tbsp chili garlic sauce
1 tsp soy sauce
1 lime, zest and juice
1. Cook the rice according to packet instructions. When the rice is cool enough to handle place it in a mixing bowl.
2. Use your fingers to crumble the seaweed snacks into the rice. Add the spring onions, almonds and season with a little salt. Mix thoroughly with your hands.
3. Create small balls of the rice mixture, rolling them in your palms to get the perfect shape, then set them aside on a plate. Tip: You can keep a bowl of water on the side that you can dip your hands into, to prevent the rice sticking too much.
4. Mix the white and black sesame seeds together in a wide, shallow dish and roll the rice balls into the seeds to coat them. Set them aside on a plate in the fridge until ready to serve.
5. For the dipping sauce, simply place all the ingredients into one bowl and mix thoroughly.
6. Serve the sauce in a dipping bowl on the side with the rocking rice balls so that each person can dip into the sauce as desired.