4 salmon fillets, approx.100g each per portion, depending on the size of your buns
2tsp chopped fresh coriander leaves
2tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Chipotle chilli and lime mayonnaise
1 lime, zest and juices
1 chipotle chilli*, soaked in hot water for 15-20, squeezed out and chopped
*you can substitute 1- 2 tsp tinned chipotle chilli (depending on the desired spiciness), or simply use a small piece of fresh, red chilli finely chopped
Avocado and mango salad
1avocado, de-stoned, peeled and diced
½ mango, peeled and diced
1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
1 lime, juice only
Salt and pepper
4 mini (slider size) brioche buns cut in half
4 cocktail sticks
Method for the salmon
· Pre-heat the oven to 180C/350F.
· Place the salmon fillets on a lined baking sheet and sprinkle with the fresh coriander leaves, a little olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the thickness and size of your filets
Method for the mayonnaise
· Place the mayonnaise in a mixing bowl and add the lime zest and juice and the chopped pepper. You could also place all in the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth. Season to taste with a little salt.
Method for the salad
· Place all the ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
· Lightly toast the halved brioche buns either in the oven or under a grill.
· Place the bottom of the buns on to a serving plate and top with the salmon followed by the avocado and mango salad. Spread the mayonnaise on the top bun and secure the sliders with a cocktail stick if needed.